Professional creative leader with 20 years of experience in design and digital media. Skilled in relationship-building and team concept development with extensive experience in both design and development. Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills allow me to effectively and efficiently lead a team from creative concepts to execution.
Professional creative leader with 20 years of experience in design and digital media.
- 384 Sycamore Street, Vernon Hills, IL.
BFA Graphic Design
- Eastern Illinois University
- Adobe Creative Suite
- After Effects
Creative Automation Director
2020 - Present
Atlanta - Remote
Lead creative team in the development and duplication of digital content across all channels for The Home Depot. This includes, but not limited to display units, digital banners, social media, and design templates.
- Establish workflow efficiencies by 70%, using dynamic automation processes across multiple digital executions.
- Establish the vision and guide best-in-class digital solutions.
- Digital visionary who identifies growth opportunities for the agency.
- Review, audit, and optimize creative campaigns to ensure accuracy, functionality and maintain brand standards.
- Provide day-to-day oversight of creative technology operations and execution of strategic vision for innovative growth.
- Leader in creative problem solving and the ability to thrive in an ever-changing, often chaotic, fast-paced creative environment.
- Development of custom solutions with in-depth understanding and expertise of select technologies based on client and agency needs.
- Govern technology system preferences and configurations, constantly testing new ways of working.
- Provide effective direction through all phases of digital executions - internally and with external partners.
2015 - Present
Northbrook - Full-time
- Creative lead in establishing digital brand standards and guidelines.
- Digital brand governance
- Key facilitator in agency relations
- Development of concepts and execution of designs to meet business needs.
- Responsible for creating an in-house digital display department, increasing production while substantially cutting marketing budgets.
- Develop and implement Allstate digital workflows. As a result, workflow efficiencies increased by 50-70%.
- Development and execution of branded social advertising.
- Lead in creative testing strategies. Increased digital engagement rate by 32%.
- Creative lead in digital animations across multiple AOR’s.
- Build and manage animation portfolio to re-purpose across multiple creative avenues.
- Design and develop animated mobile app takeovers.
- Provide guidance and best practices for creative hand-offs.
- Provide accessibility testing to ensure compliance with W3C Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG)
- Work with development teams to implement strategic efficiencies.
- Building unbreakable, internal relationships across key departments.
- Strong attention to detail, a positive attitude and a collaborative personality.
Goodegg Interactive - owner
1998 - 2015
Chicago - Full-time
Provided extensive design and programming services to a broad range of agencies, clients and brands; bringing unique solutions to each assignment. Services and assignments include: Project Manager, Creative Director, Designer and Programmer. Also provided testing, delivery and maintenance between technology, design and strategic communications. Client list including but not limited to:
- American Medical Association
- Bader Rutter
- General Growth Properties
- Jones Lang LaSalle
- Leo Burnett
- National Marine
- The University of Chicago
- Interaction Design
- Visual Design
- Art Direction
- Html & CSS
- Adobe Creative Suite
- After Effects
Marketing & Communications Leader
I’ve worked with Sheila on and off since at least 1998. That’s a long time. I’ve served variety of food companies and marketing firms and have had the pleasure of working with Sheila at just about all of them. It’s always rewarding working with Sheila as she brings years of expertise, degrees of professionalism and a confident passion to her work. Technology rapidly changes, but the ability of designers and programmers to think methodically, pragmatically and on behalf of clients and users does not. Shelia has not only kept on top of the technology and best practices in her field, but she has never lost sight of the importance of the digital experiences she creates.
Global Marketing Solutions at Facebook
I worked with Sheila closely for around 2 years. She is a very detail-oriented, organized, and professional developer. She is efficient and always delivered projects on time or ahead of schedule. She had sound processes that allowed her work to scale beyond each project. I'd recommend her for any creative / development role.
It is a pleasure working with Sheila. She is very approachable, seeks to help others and is honest. If she foresees an issue with a project, she will be direct and help educate why there may be an issue and she will provide alternatives. She has helped with many marketing campaigns involving GreenSock animations. She has worked with a couple of different dynamic banner platforms: Google DRM Beta and RevJet. In both cases there was a steep learning curve and she not only taught herself the platforms but helped educate us. Whether it is going to conferences, watching learning videos or reading industry articles, Sheila stays informed on the latest SVG, animation and design principles. Sheila has brought much to the Digital Media Production team at Allstate.
Manager, Social Media Strategy and Programs at U.S. Cellular
Sheila is an incredibly knowledgeable designer, coder and digital strategist. She is able to see the whole picture of a consumer's journey and incorporate it within designs for digital and social media advertising. She works collaboratively across multiple teams and departments and is a dedicated and reliable partner. She not only does great work, but she is committed to educating her partners and sharing her knowledge. Working with Sheila has been a pleasure and she continues to impress me in everything she does.
Supervisor, Media Planning and Buying at McDonald's
Sheila is great to work with. She is very professional and accommodating on every project we work on together. She has a great knowledge base of mobile first creative and is always willing to bring new ideas to the table. I enjoy working with Sheila in a group setting where there are multiple teams represented. She is always a voice to help with problems or give her expertise when needed. Sheila is very down to earth and professional at the same time. She is a great designer with a wealth of technical knowledge.