Professional creative collaborator with several years experience in UX and UI design leadership and digital solutions. Skilled in relationship-building and team concept development with extensive experience in both design and development. Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills allow me to effectively and efficiently lead a team from creative concepts to execution
PProfessional creative collaborator with several years experience in UX and UI design leadership and digital solutions.
- 1255 Danforth Ct., Vernon Hills, IL.
BFA Graphic Design
- Eastern Illinois University
- Adobe Creative Suite
- After Effects
- Agile Scrum Methodology
Senior Manager Digital Design
2021 - Present
Lead digital design team in producing strategic visual designs to represent UScellular's digital identity across multiple platforms including web, mobile, and connected devices.
- Make data driven recommendations and produce future-focused experiences that help meet business goals.
- Own relationships with vendors and multi-functional leaders to ensure all to drive digital solutions and processes are effective and accurately aligned.
- Provide strategic creative design and UX direction for all digital platforms.
- Partner closely with marketing, brand and development teams to develop digital design concepts that advance brand strategy.
- Ensure the consistency of the brand's digital tone and presence throughout the user experience.
- Present design solutions and decisions to internal partners and senior executives.
Creative Automation Director
2020 - 2021
Atlanta - Remote
Lead creative team in the development and duplication of digital content across all channels for The Home Depot. This includes, but not limited to display units, digital banners, social media, and design templates.
- Establish workflow efficiencies by 70%, using dynamic automation processes across multiple digital executions.
- Establish the vision and guide best-in-class digital solutions.
- Digital visionary who identifies growth opportunities for the agency.
- Review, audit, and optimize creative campaigns to ensure accuracy, functionality and maintain brand standards.
- Provide day-to-day oversight of creative technology operations and execution of strategic vision for innovative growth.
- Leader in creative problem solving and the ability to thrive in an ever-changing, often chaotic, fast-paced creative environment.
- Development of custom solutions with in-depth understanding and expertise of select technologies based on client and agency needs.
- Govern technology system preferences and configurations, constantly testing new ways of working.
- Provide effective direction through all phases of digital executions - internally and with external partners.
2015 - Present
Northbrook - Full-time
- Creative lead in establishing digital brand standards and guidelines.
- Digital brand governance
- Key facilitator in agency relations
- Development of concepts and execution of designs to meet business needs.
- Responsible for creating an in-house digital display department, increasing production while substantially cutting marketing budgets.
- Develop and implement Allstate digital workflows. As a result, workflow efficiencies increased by 50-70%.
- Development and execution of branded social advertising.
- Lead in creative testing strategies. Increased digital engagement rate by 32%.
- Creative lead in digital animations across multiple AOR’s.
- Build and manage animation portfolio to re-purpose across multiple creative avenues.
- Design and develop animated mobile app takeovers.
- Provide guidance and best practices for creative hand-offs.
- Provide accessibility testing to ensure compliance with W3C Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG)
- Work with development teams to implement strategic efficiencies.
- Building unbreakable, internal relationships across key departments.
- Strong attention to detail, a positive attitude and a collaborative personality.
- Visual Design
- Art Direction
- Html & CSS
- Adobe Creative Suite
- After Effects
Marketing & Communications Leader
I’ve worked with Sheila on and off since at least 1998. That’s a long time. I’ve served variety of food companies and marketing firms and have had the pleasure of working with Sheila at just about all of them. It’s always rewarding working with Sheila as she brings years of expertise, degrees of professionalism and a confident passion to her work. Technology rapidly changes, but the ability of designers and programmers to think methodically, pragmatically and on behalf of clients and users does not. Shelia has not only kept on top of the technology and best practices in her field, but she has never lost sight of the importance of the digital experiences she creates.
Senior UX Architect at UScellular
I had the opportunity to work for Sheila. My critical factors of great leadership are knowledge, empathy, support, and clear expectation setting. As my manager, Sheila repeatedly demonstrated all of the factors I have listed. When there was a gap in information, Sheila ensured that the resolution was nurtured but not pushed. When challenges were placed in front of the team, she consistently was able to empathize with the challenges and clear obstacles she saw coming. When our team was in the spotlight as digital emerged, Sheila championed the team and empowered our decision making. As the needs of the team and business changed, Sheila was always clear on the impact to my role in a clear and understood manner.
Senior Digital Sales & Service Experiences Manager at UScellular
I’ve the opportunity to work closely with Sheila over this past year. Sheila‘s deep knowledge of design and passion details became evident to me early on. I appreciate how Sheila works collaboratively, and I’ve enjoyed working with her as a teammate. I’ve personally benefited by what I have learned about digital design from Sheila.
Global Marketing Solutions at Facebook
I worked with Sheila closely for around 2 years. She is a very detail-oriented, organized, and professional designer. She is efficient and always delivered projects on time or ahead of schedule. She had sound processes that allowed her work to scale beyond each project. I'd recommend her for any creative role.
It is a pleasure working with Sheila. She is very approachable, seeks to help others and is honest. If she foresees an issue with a project, she will be direct and help educate why there may be an issue and she will provide alternatives. She has helped with many marketing campaigns involving GreenSock animations. She has worked with a couple of different dynamic banner platforms: Google DRM Beta and RevJet. In both cases there was a steep learning curve and she not only taught herself the platforms but helped educate us. Whether it is going to conferences, watching learning videos or reading industry articles, Sheila stays informed on the latest SVG, animation and design principles. Sheila has brought much to the Digital Media Production team at Allstate.
Manager, Social Media Strategy and Programs at U.S. Cellular
Sheila is an incredibly knowledgeable designer, coder and digital strategist. She is able to see the whole picture of a consumer's journey and incorporate it within designs for digital and social media advertising. She works collaboratively across multiple teams and departments and is a dedicated and reliable partner. She not only does great work, but she is committed to educating her partners and sharing her knowledge. Working with Sheila has been a pleasure and she continues to impress me in everything she does.
Supervisor, Media Planning and Buying at McDonald's
Sheila is great to work with. She is very professional and accommodating on every project we work on together. She has a great knowledge base of mobile first creative and is always willing to bring new ideas to the table. I enjoy working with Sheila in a group setting where there are multiple teams represented. She is always a voice to help with problems or give her expertise when needed. Sheila is very down to earth and professional at the same time. She is a great designer with a wealth of technical knowledge.
Front-End Engineering Manager at Allstate
I was Sheila's manager for 5 years. During that time, I found her to be a highly knowledgeable & collaborative team member, expert on design, brand governance, marketing strategy and execution. Sheila carved out her own path at Allstate, and became the go-to source for digital advertising production technology & branding for the Consumer Marketing team. Sheila has even coached third-party ad platform companies on how to improve their products. I highly recommend Sheila and am confident she will make a great addition to any team.